Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane ~ by kate dicamillo


who would have thought that one could learn a lesson about loving from a china rabbit? we just finished reading this little story aloud and found that it gives a big lesson in loving. i highly recommend this touching book to readers of all ages.


"I am done with being loved," Edward told her. "I'm done with loving. It's too painful."

"Pish," said the old doll. "Where is your courage?"

"Somewhere else, I guess," said Edward.

"You disappoint me," she said. "You disappoint me greatly. If you have no intention of loving or being loved, then the whole journey is pointless..."


yes, opening your heart to love also opens your heart to pain, but without love the whole journey is pointless!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I do believe this is a book I bought for Bird...I think I might need my own copy (oh to wish to read it to a classroom someday!!)