Tuesday, July 1, 2008

got fruit?


in answer to my request for the books that have influenced your faith, leslie emailed a wonderful list to me! on the list was a book which i bought awhile ago, but it somehow ended up on the bookshelf unread. the book is Secrets of the Vine by bruce wilkinson. i read the little book in one sitting this morning and it gave me a lot to think about as i weeded my garden. it was quite fitting today as my black raspberries are bursting and almost ripe.


the book is based on John 15, Jesus' teaching about the vine and branches and bearing fruit.

as i weeded my garden i considered whether my life was bearing fruit. what fruit does God want to bring forth in my life? what does God need to prune away in my life in order to bring about more fruit? am i hindering His efforts? so i am prayerfully approaching these questions...

and i am trying to be patient as i wait for my black raspberries.


I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing...This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. John 15:5, 8

No comments: